Effective Date: Aug 23, 2023
Personal Information Collected
Any personal information collected by Design4Effect is done through voluntary submission by website visitors. The information may include the name, address, email, or other information necessary for contacting the person, along with a message indicating the purpose of the inquiry. All such information is treated as personal, private, and confidential.
Any further correspondence is through conventional means (email, phone, text), and any subsequent personal information conveyed is similarly treated.
Your Privacy Choices
PIPEDA grants consumers the following rights:
- Access the personal information stored about them.
Visitors can contact us at any time for a copy of all data stored about them.
- Correct any inaccurate or outdated personal information held about them (or, if this is not possible, delete the inaccurate personal information).
- Withdraw consent for any activities for which they have consented (e.g., direct marketing or cookies)
Over and above these minimum requirements, we also allow visitors to request complete removal (expunge) of all data associated with them that uniquely identifies them (i.e., we can’t change any past statistics to adjust for the removal of any dataset.
How We Share Personal Information
The following are some examples of where visitor information might be shared and our policies:
- Advertisers – We share no visitor information with any marketing agency. Any ads appearing on this website are in frames, completely isolating them from site content.
- Analytics – We do not use Google Analytics because we are strongly against their data mining attitude and how it conflicts with GDPR guidelines. Instead, we have our own statistics system that provides us with the same details without sharing them with others. We do NOT profile visitors or clients.
- Payment Processors – In order to use our external payment processors, we must pass certain information like a) Customer Name, b) total or item amounts. The payment processors, in return, share no information with us other than whether the payment successfully completed and a transaction number and amount.
- Shipping Companies – We, of course, must share names and addresses with shippers, including Canada Post, for any shipments made.
As well as through links in the footers of most web pages, at any place on this website where personal information may be collected, a link to any associated policies is shown in a prominent location.